Our Two's Curriculum
Our Two's curriculum provide a wide variety of stimulating and educational activities and toys in a colorful, enriching environment. Our teachers nurture each child, helping them become comfortable within our learning environment.
- Emphasis is placed on socialization skills, helping the twos learn appropriate ways to communicate and interact with other children and adults.
- Language development is incorporated into all aspects of their day, as children are encouraged to use their words, with teachers assisting them as needed.
- Children participate in group activities and interact with other two year olds. They learn how to socialize, share, listen, communicate, and follow routines.
- Supervised group activities and free choice time helps children establish relationships and start to build friendships.
- Our balance of group and self-directed activities allows each child to develop both socialization and independence. Children develop their independence as they master self help skills, such as washing their own hands or putting on their own coat.
- Teachers and parents work together to decide the right time for children to begin toilet training.
- Reading and re-reading stories helps two year olds build their vocabulary and begin to place meaning with the pictures. Teachers ask questions and expand on children's answers, then encourage children to ask questions too.
- Songs, poems, and finger plays further develop language skills and assist children with memorization skills.
- Math skills are concentrated on, as children sort items by color, start to count, begin to identify shapes, and build reasoning skills.
- Fine motor skills are developed and strengthened, as they learn to cut, color, glue, and work with various textures and media.
- Art is enjoyed through both teacher directed art experiences and independent exploration.
- Music, always a favorite, offers lots of opportunities to sing songs, move with the beats and rhythmn, and explore making sounds with musical tools.
ABC Learning Stations's two year olds are always busy exploring and discovering the world around them!